The Greentown Volunteer Fire Department is a premier provider of emergency services in Lake Township – protecting residents and businesses in our primary response area. Greentown also provides mutual aid for the surrounding areas.
We are a combination fire & EMS non-profit organization, with 24-hour a day 7-day week staffing.
Part-Time Personnel staff the station 24 hours every day, individually working up to thirty-six hours per week. We strive for a minimum of four firefighters on duty at all times.
Volunteer Personnel are paid on an hourly basis during incidents. To remain in good standing,
- Volunteers living within the area must provide 24 hours per month in which they can be expected to respond to calls, whether from their homes or while staying at the station.
- Volunteers who reside out of the area must provide 24 hours at the station each month.
Steps and Requirements
- Fill out the interest form on this page.
- After speaking to our department representative, fill out the application here and bring it to the department or pick up a paper copy from the station.
- Proper PPE-Personal Protective Equipment for Fire Operations
- Apparatus Driving and Operations
- Search and Rescue
- Fire Suppression
- Overhaul and Salvage
- AutomobileExtrication and VehicleStabilization
- Incident Management
Start the Process Today!
The Department provides excellent work-life balance with flexible scheduling, competitive compensation, training opportunities, benefits, and a family-friendly environment.
The first step to joining our department is to fill out the interest form below.